Re: [CQ-Contest] assisted, not assisted, come on...

To: km9m-zig@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] assisted, not assisted, come on...
From: Al VE1AL <VE1AL@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:17:02 -0400
For what its worth, I subscribe to the idea that unassisted means just
that.  It means I sit in front of my radio, plotting every move without the
aid of the cluster, RBN, even grey line charts.  I tune the band(s) I am
on, running when I can, S&P for multipliers and generally having fun.

I get frustrated when I find a guy running without giving his call and I
curse and swear every time I waste precious minutes after finding out he's
already in my log.  I give my call after every QSO.  But then I'm just a
little pistol with little chance of winning.  So I'm not trying for a
gazillion QSOs to show off how big my thing is.

73

Al, VE1AL