Re: [CQ-Contest] PTT inhibit

To: "Jukka Klemola" <jpklemola@gmail.com>, "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PTT inhibit
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:52:47 +0600
Jukka,
That is true. TR4W has PTT turn on delay and it works fine for CW and digi.
Anyway it does not protect you from hot switching completely. When you work
SSB contest and press PTT how can you be sure you start speaking into your
mike after all the external relays are settled? In the heat of the contest I
often start shouting before I even press PTT. Sure built in  and adjustable
TX delay in the transceiver is the best approach.

73, Igor UA9CDC