Re: [CQ-Contest] Run rates back in the day

To: Ktfrog007@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Run rates back in the day
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:59:51 -0500 (EST)
Much slower, but at least on CW the faster rates today have little to do
with internet and spotting, and a great deal to do with memory keyers and
computer logging.

Someday give paper logging a try at 35 wpm. Bet you can't print legibly at
that speed, especially if you have to put down the pencil to start
sending..

I recall a 200 hour on CW from VP2E in 1982, with a memory keyer  and paper
logs, but well before any spotting networks.

73   -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 2/24/2012 12:49:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,