Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:31:34 -0000
So, remote control is the same as just being there.
Well, I propose to hire the guy that set up all the bank servers on Nauru
(C21) to put up a ham station and hook it up to the Internet. Instead of the
monumental  task of trying to get to Nauru , and once there, finding a
decent place to stay (there are only  two hotels in the entire country ),  I
will ease into my easy chair at home and the world will line up to work the
only C21.
This is the new Radio Sport, according to the rules now in place.
All that money and time spent for participants to go to WRTC to compete, all
that nonsense can be avoided . The teams can stay at home, with a referee to
supervise each team,  and all  the transmitters and receivers can be in a
good radio location like Puerto Rico. What fun!