Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: Albert Crespo <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:56:58 -0400
Al,

Of course you can still travel to C21!  It's your choice.   Yes, people
will go to WRTC because they want to be together.   Just because you
like to travel to exotic places and operate ham radio, does not mean that
everyone else does.  But they should be able to experience operating from
somewhere else if technology allows it.

Ham radio, after all, is about people.   DXPeditioners and multi-op contest
station
teams enjoy the company, comradery and hard work.   Someone taking the time
to engineer a remote station that really works, as was done in WPX, is also
a great
achievement.

You sound like the same bunch of people who said that ham radio would go to
the dogs
when CW was eliminated from testing.  Guess What?  CW thrives.   So will
DXPeditions
and contest operations with on-premise ops.

The sky is not falling.

73, Gerry W1VE