Re: [CQ-Contest] Aniother rules/remote RX issue

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Aniother rules/remote RX issue
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:35:38 -0400
A single op unassisted wants to use a remote receiver to assist his
operating, by learning what is on his frequency.

I can't imagine that is OK, for several reasons.

First, the operator would see callsigns that are active. Whether he intends
to use them or not, they are in his brain.

Second, he is using a spotting network or remote receiver to aid his
operating, even by choice of transmitter frequency,  whether he uses the
network to actually get spots or not.

Skimmer sure is a big old can of juicy worms!