[CQ-Contest] HA: Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] HA: Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)
From: "Vladimir Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:39:50 -0400
The information gained allows you to make quick decisions whether there is
any propagation at all, what directions/areas are open and what is your
signal strength in these areas. In the meantime if your competitor does not
use this tool, he/she can only gain the same information by tuning down the
band and attempting to make contacts. All this requires longer time and more
efforts spent for an account of overall operating time. As a result, the RBN
provides you an advantage over competition. But it is just an emotional part
of the story.

The key point is, the RBN is not a part of your own station. It is a set of
equipment located outside your location by definition, and that's the reason
why you want to use it. If you contact the network, you actually request an
assistance from the network, i.e. from another party.

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE

---