Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
"assistance" is usually defined as not just "locating, identifying and working
stations", but any time other people help to contribute to your score. Using
this kind of outside assistance to get a better picture of propagation is then
clearly not allowed- knowing propagation and the capabilities of your station
are all keys to scoring well.

Just listening for beacon stations to see if a band is open is ok however
because no one is helping you.

Tor
N4OGW