Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)

To: <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:52:58 -0600
I understand Igor, and I also understand that the line is grey and getting
wider... however.. for me, MY ethics, my choice is to view "assistance" as any
information obtained by an outside source.. and RBN is an example. However,
tuning my station rx, over to listen for a beacon, on 10m, or to WWV, is
information being derived by my own equipment, by my own hand, and collected by
me. Obtaining information is the name of the game, acting on that information
is the game. If you accomplish either with outside help.... that is assisted...
in my station!
Now, do I necessarily see these ethics impressed on anyone else? ONLY in the
contests or events that I am solely responsible for, AND that are specific to
be written into the rules. I don't like excluding folks from having fun, and I
don't like "leveling" the playing field. However, if the field of play for
one... is on a hillside... and the field for another is on the hilltop.....
then the scoring should indicate such. Just my opinion.
Dale - WC7S in Wy