Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or not assisted question (yet again)
From: <mike@n1ta.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 10:00:52 -0700
Igor said:
>I just get accurate and up
>to date information about propagation which is basically more accurate then
>what I might have got with the help of propagation prediction software.

...therefore, you are assisted. You have the advantage of knowing which
bands are *open* before you QSY. This is something that the non-assisted
competitors would not have. With propagation prediction software (key
word: prediction), you are not seeing actual real-time data, simply the
program's best guess.

If you operate unassisted, then go back and find spots of your callsign
after the contest, you will know when and where you were loud. From
this, you can better improve your plan for the next year, and not risk
violating the "assisted" rules.

Mike N1TA