Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating
From: PD2R <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:46:09 +0200
Op 18 jul. 2012 om 07:35 heeft Tree <tree@kkn.net> het volgende geschreven:

> However, I am sure some stations will push the envelope here and have a
> second station which is operating on the same band/mode as the "run"
> radio.  In order to prevent only one transmitted signal at a time -
> interlocks would have to be used.  This would be fine and would be a
> competitive advantage wihtout breaking the rules.  They would only have one
> signal transmitted at any given time.

I'm not sure if that is allowed. The rules also state:

               4.2.2.1. You are not allowed a second radio that works only
multipliers.

That said, I don't how a sponsor is able to determine weather the contact was
made by a second transceiver or the second VFO of the main transceiver.

Furthermore, as long as that second radio also works non mult's, this should be
just fine.

The use of a second radio on the same band/mode maybe be legit but I get the
impression that this is not the intention of the contest sponsor.

The way I see it, as far as the rules go, there is some room for improvement.

73, Maarten PD2R