Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:42:03 -0500
I guess you can take two routes - you can constantly work on improving
your station and your skills to get better and better and eventually
score highly honestly, or you can cheat.

I have been entering VHF+ contests for many years in the Single-Op
(QRP) Portable class. I have never cheated. It has been years of
constant changes to see if they improved things. Some of the changes
did lead to improvements and some didn't. I still have some changes in
mind to hopefully add more improvement. I also feel I got better as an
operator as the years went on. I now often place within the top 5 in
that category in contests. A lot of work went behind that.

The same would go for HF contests. I guess it says a lot about the
character of a person if they are willing to cheat to accomplish an
end. And it doesn't guarantee it will accomplish that end.

73, Zack W9SZ