Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:44:16 -0400
Hans,
I am so surprised you don't understand.
Imagine, you have a constant pile-up of about 20...++ stations.
Among them, there are always few ones that don't listen and just call you
because of the DXcluster spot. They probable even did not hear you.
You reply once to some particular station, but nobody hears you because of
the constant QRM that above mentioned callers create.
You reply twice - same result. No one comes back to you.

Seems like you are one of the people on this reflector who have answers to
ALL the questions, what would you do in this situation?
And to answer your "why" question: BECAUSE this station is "a DX!", i.e. a
lot of other people need this station.
Just try to generate same size pile-up with your W0 call, and I wouldn't
mind to call you "up 1".

Thanks.
73 Yuri