Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions

To: "'Ken Widelitz'" <widelitz@gte.net>, "'Radio K0HB'" <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "'Yuri'" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:28:23 -0400
Ken,

If what you say is more or less the general consensus, then it strikes me as
a pretty sad commentary...

Specifically, that those generally accepted as the World Top 10 (or Top 20
or Top 50) contesters / contest teams in the given categories are cheats
until proven otherwise.

It also strikes me that Yuri's suggestions are indeed draconian, and that
they be (at least initially, though I suspect that they wouldn't stay that
way for long) limited only to the "top" or potential "top" scores is
irrelevant.  Further, with the current advances in technology that have been
talked about already on this and other reflectors, they may be obsolete or
redundant long before they could be reasonably implemented.

Most importantly, it ultimately doesn't matter how many rules you write or
how much you try to "tighten" them -- if they are not enforced.  Enforce the
rules on the books now, then we can talk about what rules need to be
straightened.  Otherwise, if the rules aren't enforced, the cheaters will
continue to get away with it, whereas the honest contester or contest
operator who tries to honor the rules is the one hamstrung.

73, ron w3wn