Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions

To: rt_clay@bellsouth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:08:47 -0500 (CDT)
I'm going to have to agree.  For one thing, how does one know beforehand that
they're going to have a world ranked score???  I wound up #2 in the world in
the SOAB(A) category in last year's CQWW SSB, but if somebody told me that I
was going to 1) be #2 World (from the USA nonetheless), 2) break the USA
record, 3) break the North American record, and 4) be the first single op in
the USA to go past 10,000,000 points, I would have laughed at that person.

But I did, and I absolutely stunned when I saw the claimed scores roll in.

Now under VE3DZ's proposals, my efforts would have been for naught because
certain scumbags in a certain part of the world decide that cheating is a
sport, not a mark of shame.  I think most of these suggestions are ridiculous.

Enforce the rules that you have now.  You've got more tools than ever before.
You've got skimmers; you've got SDRs parked all over the globe.  You've got
well laid out rules that are pretty damned clear.

Try not to turn an amateur radio activity into an inquisition.

73 Rich NN3W