Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating as a moral issue

To: Bill <bparry@rgv.rr.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating as a moral issue
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:48:22 -0600
I agree with Bill... with the additional thoughts that this is exactly what is
killing contesting.Who wants to play with a BUNCH of cheaters? You are who you
associate with.So.. guilty by association? Maybe.. or at least perceived that
way. So.. how about just doing away with all publication of winner lists. NO
MORE. Done. Compare scores on 3830 if you must, or want to but CQ would not
publish a winners article. QST/NCJ would not publish a list of winners... let
contesting go back to being what it is supposed to be. The fun of making qsos.
I'd bet that the bands would actually be used once again for the purpose of
exchanging information.Like... "How'd you do in the contest last week?"
hmmmmm?.... what a concept.

Dale - WC7S in Wy