Re: [CQ-Contest] Off-Topic e-mail question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Off-Topic e-mail question
From: Jon Kåre Hellan <hellan@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:03:36 +0200
On 10/20/2012 11:45 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
Or you could buy one of these enclosures:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182142&name=External-Enclosures

Install your old drive in the enclosure and connect it to the new
computer via USB cable. This method allows you to get ALL the data
from your old drive, and also lets you use the old drive to back up
data from all of the computers in your house.

That is exactly what I have for my old drives. They work great.

Alternatively, an IDE/SATA to USB adapter. This one came up first when I searched amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/

The advantage is that the disk doesn't have to fit in the enclosure. Will handle disks from laptops and desktops, old (IDE) and new (SATA).

I use one of those whenever I move from one computer into a new one.

Jon LA4RT