Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting and internet hunting

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting and internet hunting
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 07:28:11 -0500
Unfortunately, Paul is unreachable, but you made the point as well as it has ever been made on this platform, Tree. Thanks for the Q - it was very smooth, and much better than many I have served up hi.

The notion of renting a station from which to operate remotely bothers me a little. It's easy to visualize people saying, "I have to be away for CQWW CW, so my station is available. What am I bid?" E-bay, anyone? I'm glad I'm too old to count on seeing this idea come to widespread fruition.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.