Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and contesting/ other leadership

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and contesting/ other leadership
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 07:43:40 -0500
Charly, have you tried talking to ARRL, in the person of Directors who shareyour interests? To be sure, there are some Directors who don't bother even to answer e-mail from the peons, but for every one of those there are several active contesters and DXers. You have many good ideas. Some I don't share, but ...

A small historical correction - ARRL did make a concerted effort, years ago, to help hams in developing countries - remember Project Goodwill? I also think the ARRL still works with the State Department to include an amateur radio day in the training programs for telecommunications people from LDCs.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.