Re: [CQ-Contest] Enough of this Nonsense!

To: k4bai@att.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Enough of this Nonsense!
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:06:38 -0500 (EST)
This is excellent advice.

Quite often I encounter something like:

CQ TEST K8MR TEST

W6#E!^*T#BAI

My brain responds much more quickly than my fingers that K4BAI is in that
pileup, so I send K4BAI with the paddle and hit F2 to send the exchange.

Unfortunately many logging programs don't understand this concept. In
contests that have serial numbers, they don't increment the number from the
previous QSO until at least one letter is entered in the callsign field. This
results in giving K4BAI the number for the previous QSO, unless I first mash
 something into the computer before I hit F2, which I then have to wipe and
 start over from the beginning.

As far as I know, only NA gets it right. Which is one reason I keep using
NA in serial number contests such as SS and the Sprints. And for users of
other  software, do listen to what QSO number you are sending.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 1/14/2013 4:46:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,