Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: "Cqtestk4xs@aol.com" <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:23:58 -0700
Bill nails it here! Different goals, make it work for different folks.The
"winning" is in the goal set.. not just getting your call published in the #1
slot. And just because you set that goal every time.. and don't get there,
doesn'tmean that every contest should change the rules so you think you have a
better chance.  I made the top 25 in ARRL 10 one year, with a low quad, and a
tiny squirt gun station.While I was running the JAs, I heard the comments from
the folks that couldn't. Not every field has to be level to have fun playing in
that field. However not every player has to get dirty to play either. Some
prefer to play on the edges, and some prefer tohave different goals. And all
can and should play nice, each having fun.
Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy