Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Sundays

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Sundays
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:56:34 -0500
On 2/6/2013 1:26 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
There is no 2nd run. It doesn't happen. It is Sunday night and people are not participating.

This is not about creating or removing advantages for either coast. This is about making the contest more enjoyable for all over the period and increasing participation.

In CQ WW DX contests 15m might be wide open to Japan Sunday after noon but there is nobody to work as the majority of those people are at work.

Mike W0MU

Mike, with all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

0000 - 0300 can be incredibly productive as new stations get on - especially those who enjoy the thrill of being fresh meat.

In 2011, my 0000z - 0200z hour on Sunday evening (Monday zulu) hours were 66, 71, and 34 (with my taking the last 30 minutes off). In 2010, my 0000z hour on Monday zulu was 100 for the hour. The next hour was 60. In 2008, my 0200z Monday 30-minute run period (before I had to QRT owing to my 24 hours being up) netted me 54 QSOs - a 110 hour at that rate.

73 Rich NN3W