Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Cheating in ARRL using the cluster

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Cheating in ARRL using the cluster
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:07:49 -0500
Considering that I had over 1150 S&P Q's, being mis-spotted a few times
during a contest doesn't seem too bad to me.   There are a few folks who
would love to have that kind of accuracy coming out of log-checking.

Someone pointed out to me off-reflector that if I called a couple of times
after answering "{dx-station's call} TEST", a skimmer could have been
confused.

Looking again at the RBN archives, of those 30 spots, 24 were instances
where I was picked up by only one skimmer, and 3 were instances where I was
picked up by two skimmers.  Someone making good use of packet filters might
have missed most, or all, of those mis-spots.

--
*Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@n1en.org