Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:02:48 -0300
Yup. It is pretty easy to get rid of busted calls in the RBN.
The RBN should allow for feedback from humans, so that you could send the
information about a busted call, RBN would propagate it to the skimmer
servers connected and it would not get spotted again during that contest,
that should be all.
But you have to consider there should also be a way to "undo" that blocking
of a callsign. What if LU5DTU is spotted in place of LU5DX, it gets
reported as a busted call, later during that contest the real LU5DTU gets
on and no skimmer is spotting him...
This should be done in a "per contest basis", since what's a busted call
during say ARRL CW can be a good one during WPX CW and so on.

Vy 73.

Martin