Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 02:54:52 -0800
I haven't tried this in a contest but see no reason why it wouldn't get rid of the endless recurrence of bogus spots such as EK3LR so we don't have to keep cleaning them out of the bandmap.

N1MM allows you to put such calls onto a black list. You can right click the call in the bandmap and select the black list option. You can also enter (or delete) them in a form accessible from the Packet Window Tools. Either way they're gonzo.

Seems to me that as soon as you're bothered by the repetition of a bogus call you just add it to the black list and you'll not see it anymore.

Not everyone uses N1MM, of course. If your fave logging program doesn't have this functionality maybe you can get the authour to add it.

Even if it doesn't, if you connect to a CC Cluster and turn on Skimmer spots you will see almost no busted Skimmer spots. The CC Cluster software removes them.

So, if I've got this right, this particular problem has been solved.

Maybe I'm missing something here.  If so, please tell me.

73. Jim    VE7FO