Re: [CQ-Contest] Finally - self spotting has become a mute point!

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Finally - self spotting has become a mute point!
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:54:35 -0600
Probably (or as the young kids now say) 'Prolly' for the same reason locals would pick up the phone and call others to alert them about a new one that was on the air. Of course, this was prior to packet radio. Then there were the DX spotting voice repeaters, which gave way to the packet system that could receive and collect 'spots' even while you were still at work.

Just a few days ago I was pining that I really missed the hand crank when I came out and found the battery was dead in my car!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN