Re: [CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:54:29 -0500 (EST)
I agree with this, which is why the ARRL DX has never been one of  my
favorite contests.  It lacks the excitement of a true world-wide  contest.  It
is
basically an North Atlantic rim-Caribbean-South American  contest.

That being said, I did participate seriously in the ARRL CW this  year.  Go
figure.

And the same thing is true of me for the WAE CW and Phone.   Not only is it
boring, but they want QTCs too.  Are people never  satisified?

One reason I like RTTY contests is that virtually all of them are
world-wide, everyone works everyone on all bands.  This applies to the ARRL
RTTY RU
and the WAE too, interestingly.  WAE RTTY participants still  want QTCs,
though.

I could go on but I won't.  I'll be merciful.

73,
Kermit (Ken), AB1J

In a message dated 2/23/2013 1:33:02 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,
vr2bg@harts.org.hk writes:

Somebody  asked:

> Why do half of the JA stations choose to skip ARRL  DX?

Because just working you lot is boring.

73,  ex-VR2BG/p.