Re: [CQ-Contest] Moral of the story...really?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Moral of the story...really?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:14:11 -0700
I saw this when I was traveling between MT and CO. People were getting wrong both ways, obviously using data from previous years.

Their loss.

Mike W0MU

On 2/28/2013 10:59 AM, kr2q@optimum.net wrote:
RE:
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2013-February/101503.html

Barry's conclusion is to keep your files updated.  I ditto the "really" comment.

The moral of the story is actually to copy what is sent and if you're using a
logging app
(who doesn't) ensure that "it" records what you HEARD.  If not, YOU need to
manually
overwrite it.

Since it is impossible for everybody to be "updated" all the time, it is best to
1. Copy what is sent
2. Log what is sent (or at least look at what your s/w is filling in).

If you think Barry's story is tough, what about NA2U who moved to the left
coast, but for the
contest, returned to NJ.  The db showed him as 03 but his real zone was 05..but
just for
that one contest.  You hear a W2, you hear zone 5, what could go wrong?  LOL.

Lots of folks lost a qso (or many) because they let the s/w fill in the
zone...not just those 2.

de Doug KR2Q