Re: [CQ-Contest] some positives about contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] some positives about contesting
From: <wayg@cape-vision.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:59:52 -0700
In my experience, I can say with certainty that spending time running in
a contest is excellent preparation for operating as a Net Control
Station during and emergency. The hours spent handling Sweepstakes
exchanges reinforces a level of discipline needed to accurately handle
H&W traffic during a relief operation that comes during an after a
natural catastrophe. If one is ready to face it, one usually arrives at
recognizing the part of the equation that usually needs the most
improvement is... the OPERATOR.

--KA1IOR

 "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things."  --J. Cocteau

                  \    /
                     /
                  ======
               \  |    |        ---Tao.   A chinese character that
               -- |----|                     means "Way, Path."
                / |----|
                \ |____|
                /_________                    Geoffrey Way