Re: [CQ-Contest] A puzzle

To: richnn3w@verizon.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A puzzle
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:42:37 -0400 (EDT)
On average, CQWW CW comes before the US Thanksgiving holiday once every
seven years, whenever November 1 falls on a Friday.  Due to leap years,
sometimes the November 1 falling on Friday case gets skipped, as  happened in
2008. So it does seem like a long time since the last such  occurrance in 2002.
And because of leap years, there is never exactly seven  years between.

Then next two non-Thanksgiving CQWW CW weekends will happen in 2019 and
2024.  May we all be around to enjoy them!

Of course everyone's personal situation varies, but I find a Thanksgiving
CQWW to be a good thing. Not having to travel a great distance to visit
family,  we can celebrate on Thursday, recover and rest up on Friday, and then
have  a good contest on Saturday and Sunday.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 3/23/2013 10:05:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,