[CQ-Contest] The question unasked ...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The question unasked ...
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:28:43 -0700 (PDT)
>As his been pointed out, Easter moves around.  Sometimes the two occur on
>the same weekend.  It has some impact on the activity pattern, but the
>contest still does very well.

>Could the contest be moved to accommodate years with 5 weekends in March >AND
>Easter?  Perhaps...

>There are people in the world who schedule vacation or trips in advance >for
>the big contests.

>Randy, K5ZD

The question unasked on the recent CQ WW survey was:

(my words) "Would you object if the SSB and CW weekends swapped each year in an
effort to avoid having the CQ WW CW contest on a major United States of America
holiday weekend 6 out of every 7 years as is now the case?"

Because it is really, really hard to be either cannon fodder for the Europeans
from stateside or traveling to a DX location when the social pressure of
Thanksgiving weekend is breathing down your neck ...

Scott
W4PA