Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:24:03 -0400
I agree -- we have to try it to find out.

While I agree that the top guns and big guns will likely win if they enter a
24-hour category, there may well be some very talented operators who will
give them a run for their money in a 24-hour category who couldn't do that
in a 48-hour category.

This gets to the point I've been trying to make: operating ability,
station-building expertise and endurance are three completely different
things (though they all require a dash of insanity :-). I like the idea of
having a category that emphasizes operating ability and station-building
expertise.

73, Dick WC1M