Re: [CQ-Contest] Flashback - Is It Time?

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, "'reflector cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flashback - Is It Time?
From: Glenn Wyant <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 06:46:04 -0400
I sure hope the contest sponsers do not do this...

I can no longer do 48 hours in a test , it is not
going to happen ...

The idea of a 24 hour seems interesting , until you
realize it is 24 straight. I " would  do  24 hours but
broken into 4 or 5 periods.

If you want me to participate 24 straight thru the night ,
well it wont happen ,  I  will just make qsos casually
log them, and that will be it.

No sense sending in a score..

Glenn VA3DX

Finding the first 24 hours of operation would take some tweaking of the
computer software, but this is essentially what the WPX Contest does to
calculate the 36 hours of permitted operating time. Any QSOs after 36 hours
are not counted for score.

Randy, K5ZD

I was suggesting a simple 24-out-of-48 definition of contest period,
where you could work longer but only the first 24 hours would count.
I.E., like ARRL SS and others.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV