Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 00:30:44 -0000
Be careful what you wish for. If you take away the low band incentive, you
will be very lonely on 80m.  Even with the double points, as a single op in
WPX I rarely go to 80m.

John KK9A / P40A

To:"cq-contest@contesting com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject:[CQ-Contest] WPX
From:Mark Luhrman <w4svo@att.net>
Date:Sat, 11 May 2013 09:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

After reading this thread. I want to put my two cents in. Also since I am a
low
band person, I will tell you factual stuff. I have operated single band 80
probably more than anyone in the USA in ARRL DX, CQ WW and CW WPX. Best
finish
no 2 and this is from FLORIDA. Which gives somewhat of an advantage. I can
tell
you that on 80 mtrs you will never work as many 6 pointers as the guys up in
the NE. Maybe with a 3 ele yagi @180 or a 6el. vertical array I might work
as
many 6 pointers but probably not more. Even look at scores outside NA unless
you are in a prime location you will not work that many six pointers. And
buy
the way I have been operating 80 mtrs in contests since 1979. So this 6point
thing is very unfair. Take thst away and see who wins on 80 in WPX!