[CQ-Contest] W7DRA 160 meter debriefing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W7DRA 160 meter debriefing
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 09:40:41 -0700
Against my better judgement I snuck out of contest retirement to
participate in the CQ WPX.  Friday night was terrible, but I did manage 5
contacts, with NR6O best DX. With any luck maybe 5 more Saturday night?

Saturday night was better, I even picked up an AA0 before 0500Z. By 0600Z
I kept hearing a signal calling me but could not make out even a letter
of his call ZG? KI6?

The beverage! I was not receiving on the beverage! Stop operating and
change the clip leads connecting the NC183 receiving antenna, move up the
band an random amount, call CQTEST...........it was the KH6 from the Big
Island!

Then I heard the K9 I an always work calling CQ............pump the
bellows on the coal fired VT4 HV supply, zero beat the ARC5, retune the
antenna tuner for minimum SWR...............and he was gone!!!  Gone!!!

By now it was 0630Z, exhausted, I head for the sack

mike w7dra