Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] CQ WW Rules and SCP

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] CQ WW Rules and SCP
From: w5ov@w5ov.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:32:43 -0500
I am curious how these scenarios are being read into rules that say
nothing about correcting typos or using SCP?

"Check Partial" or "Super Check Partial" doesn't ever "log" anything. The
operator chooses a suggested callsign and then *HE* logs that, but it is
not CP or SCP doing the logging.

The rule is strictly on using *outside* means of analyzing and correcting
your log. If *you* figure out that *you* made a typo, that's not what this
rule is talking about - is it?

Even so, the rest of the pertinent section says:

     VIII.9 All logging must be performed in real time.

     VIII.10. Call signs logged must be the same as those exchanged
              over the air by the entrants during the QSO.

Q: How does that affect the above?

A: Let's say that you log and work K1ABZ during the contest. Later, you
somehow realize you should misheard his callsign and it should have been
K1ABC.  In this scenario, you said "K1ABZ" (Alpha Bravo Zulu) on the air
and logged K1ABZ. It is not OK to go back and correct this after the fact.
You made an error - clearly. Fixing it after the fact does not undo the
error - does it?

One thing that is quite different is that with the advent of SDR, the
committee can hear virtually every qso that takes place.

W5OV