Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:40:16 -0400
"Is there a rule for not working yourself?"

At one time I believe at least some contests had a rule precluding an operator from using multiple calls during the contest. I am not sure that rule exists. The rule may have existed to keep someone from a multi-op setup using their own call to get a run going and then switching to the multi-op call (sort of an attempt to have more transmitters on than your entry class permits). For just general operation working yourself might be a conflict of interest kind of view and might be hard to sell such a QSO to the DXCC desk or anyone else that adjudicates QSOs for an award or contest.

73, Larry  W6NWS

-----Original Message----- From: w5ov@w5ov.com