Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class - Power multiplier

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FD Class - Power multiplier
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:59:53 -0700

Let's get real here. That entire section refers to batteries being charged while in use so none of what you're saying is relevant.

I operated QRP battery operated in Field Day for many, many years, charging the battery from the AC mains before the event and charging it during the event from a small solar panel. I typically submitted a detailed description of that entire process (complete with pictures of the solar panel in action) and never got a sliver of feedback that anything I did was improper. In 2000 K7ZB and I even set what was then the all-time record for 1B-2op Battery with 10,000 points, so I assume that our entry would have gotten at least a bit of scrutiny.

I see no value in extrapolating such things to the ridiculous.

Dave  AB7E