Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] CQ WW Rules and SCP

To: "k5zd@charter.net" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] CQ WW Rules and SCP
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 09:59:15 -0500
This appears to support what I have always considered an acceptable form of log
washing -- namely that if you KNOW you worked the guy correctly and that an
error in the log is typographical in nature, it's ok to make the switch.

I don't see how the application of notation made at the time of the Q and
applied to the log prior to submission is any different in the computerized
logging era from how it was when we used the margins of printed, hard-copy log
sheets to do the same.

And, it seems, in this instance both the practice of organizers and the SDR
file would back you up.

Now, here's a twist: if you errantly work K1ABC as K1ABZ, and you sent K1ABZ,
do either of you deserve the Q? Is it not also K1ABC's responsibility to
realize your error?

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad