Re: [CQ-Contest] Computer Noize

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Computer Noize
From: Gary Sutcliffe <w9xt@unifiedmicro.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:49:46 +0000
I develop networked computer equipment in the day job. Part of that involves passing FCC emissions standards. Ethernet is often a problem although most of the trouble I see is in the VHF frequencies.

Another reason I use WiFi to my shack computer is if a tower takes a lightning hit I don't want the rest of the computers in the house to have wired connections to the shack. There are still the power lines, but at least there is one less path.

For these reasons I would chose WiFi over CAT 5 cable connection.

73

Gary, W9XT
www.w9xt.com