Re: [CQ-Contest] Really big RF out

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Really big RF out
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:17:09 -0700

I keep hearing that kind of comment over and over and over, but hardly anybody seems to have the guts to report them or identify them publicly. The ones who on rare occasions do step forward get pilloried by everyone else, and there have been one or two such examples just in the last couple of years on this very reflector. Ham radio, at least in the U.S. while I was growing up, touted itself as being a self-policing activity. So much for that, apparently. I even remember seeing hospitality room pictures from Dayton of confirmed cheaters being treated like celebrities by those around them.

I've always wondered why those who personally observe blatant cheating expect someone else to do something about it.

Dave   AB7E