Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC renamed?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC renamed?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 02:36:21 -0600
I felt the same way Steve when I looked at the NA10 listing. In fact, I wrote the WRTC with my comments.

At least 7 of NA10 captain scores were from outside the area. 9 of his scores are from multi ops, 5 from the area and 4 outside the area. 7 of his scores appear to be from his home station. He picked someone from EU to operate with him. W0UA and K0EU were very very close behind with K0EU being credited with all scores in NA10. W0UA's points except for two Multi's in the USA, were from NA10.

All of which is legal within the rules as they appear today. The NA10 team or any team should come from that area. On a cursory inspection 2 other Captains chose people outside the respective areas.

I suggest that the top 50 scores are used or only count scores from within the area.

Do I feel like the NA10 team represents the NA10 area? No.

Mike W0MU