[CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots would take the opportunity to drop down to the 24-hour category for the sake of an easy
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:59:41 -0400
Bravo, Steve!

I would just add one point. I've been told that the 1 radio no spotting caveats were added because some folks on the CQ Committee were concerned that non-assisted hot-shots would drop down to the 24-hour overlay unless these things were outlawed. I frankly doubt this, particularly with respect to the assisted/non-assisted angle. However, instead of sitting on the sidelines, it is important that supporters of the 24-hour category enter it this year, so that we can credibly make the argument for loosening that restriction next time.

To encourage participation, I have funded a Classic overlay/World top score plaque for 2013. It doesn't show up on the web site yet, but it *is* funded, and I'm sure they'll fix that before the contest. This is your chance for some nice hardwood.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.