Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotsh

To: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots would take the opportunity to drop down to the 24-hour category for the sake of an easy
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:25:21 -0000
My understanding is that the "Classic" overlay was intended as "a Boy and his Radio" class. Why would you want to screw with that?

73, de Hans, K0HB

-----Original Message----- From: Pete Smith N4ZR

I would just add one point.  I've been told that the 1 radio no spotting
caveats were added because some folks on the CQ Committee were concerned
that non-assisted hot-shots would drop down to the 24-hour overlay
unless these things were outlawed.  I frankly doubt this, particularly
with respect to the assisted/non-assisted angle.  However, instead of
sitting on the sidelines, it is important that supporters of the 24-hour
category enter it this year, so that we can credibly make the argument
for loosening that restriction next time.