Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotsh

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots would take the opportunity to drop down to the 24-hour category for the sake of an easy
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 09:42:03 -0600
 Once in a while.. more or less, there comes a time that one wants to just
relax, have fun, and simple enjoy the flow. The flow of electrons, the flow of
heat and light, from glowbugs, the flow of thoughts, warmth, friendship, and
camaraderie of meeting like minded folks, doing the same things as you. Once in
a while, as the flow of blood through our veins, and I'm pretty sure, even tho
there may be discussion from some.. that all the ops have this, once in a while
we enjoy the moment, and just the moment, then move on to the bigger picture,
or not. There are times when not.. is just as good or better. There are times
when after all is said.. and that is usually a timed event, (one runs out of
breath, or clock) that a reflection on the accomplishment is needed to assure
oneself that, in fact, what was done, provided all possible to learn from, to
enjoy, and to improve upon. IF all that is ever done is the headlong rush to
improve at all costs, the single increasing digits in
 that allimportant column - TOTAL.. An entire universe of knowledge and
enjoyment has been wasted.   Pure comparison, from year to year, season to
season, contest to contest, station to station, operator to operator... is NOT
a pure science or untainted function. I'm out of breath.
Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy