Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Teams

To: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Teams
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 07:10:14 -0600
I love this discussion !!!

Why ?

Because it is forward thinking !!!
If we continue to sit back and ride with the thoughts of well we have
always done it this way and you can't do that because we have always done
it this way
then our valued hobby will disappear !

I think WW made a mistake deleting the X-treme category
there were teams starting to embrace this and it was just in it's infancy
They needed to let it grow.

If we can find ways to promote growth and fun while not alienating the
traditionalist
then let's do it !!!

How do we do it, continue talking about it, discus it with our friends that
are none ham gamers

Here is one I would love to see....

A Game style console that promotes use of N1MM
yes a "Contest simulator" , to promote getting more out of N1MM

Bonus points for use of keyboard short cuts etc etc

Of course Gamers usually sell their wares
so where are the codies like Tom N1MM, John K3CT, Pete N4ZR, Larry K8UT,
and many others

Expressing interest is what usually gets tools like CT from K1EA to come to
life
so let's continue this dialogue, it will be fun to see what comes out of it
!

I know of at least one Club that is embracing technology to promote more Q's
and more fun for the ops within their state that are providing the Q's etc
during their on the air slots of the ARRL Centennial use of W1AW   - Key
words....   Fun, more activity !

Cheers!
steve
KG5VK