Re: [CQ-Contest] It wasn't a QSO... Or was it?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] It wasn't a QSO... Or was it?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:31:10 -0500
Who is giving this advice?  I personally dislike someone withholding the
exchange. With the exception of RTTY, if I hear someone giving their
callsign before the exchange I assume that I have it incorrect.  After
copying everything I acknowledge the correct call and move on to the next
caller.  When no report is sent I have to acknowledge the call and then ask
for the report again and wait for the response.  Sometimes I already had the
call correct and the station thinks I do not, now it becomes really awkward.
It is a big time waster.

John KK9A