Re: [CQ-Contest] It wasn't a QSO... Or was it?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] It wasn't a QSO... Or was it?
From: iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:09:18 -0800
Withholding the exchange *until the running station sends a correct
exchange to you, including your correct callsign* seems like a
reasonable thing to do to me. If you give your exchange before
receiving all of the information you need from him, you may not get
another chance to ask for it. In a contest where the exchange is the
same for each QSO (state or power), that maybe not an issue, but it
could be in other contests, where the exchange contains a serial
number (the running station could be SO2R or part of a multi-op, so
you may not be able to infer it).

As a DXer, I've trained myself to not give an exchange to DX that I
really care about until s/he has my call right - I've learned that
lesson the hard way a few times...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML