Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Zero Pointers....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Zero Pointers....
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 16:50:21 -0700
It's just not that easy ...

First, I try to just ignore them and hope they find someone else to work.

Here is what often happens if I work them:

- It opens up the floodgates for every other station who has been listening to me, but not calling. Now they think it is okay to call me. Big time rate killer as they each tell me their "personal", their county, their antenna, their life history ...

- They are (almost) always folks running 100 watts and a wet noodle. The contesters trolling for a new run frequency can't hear them and think it's a good frequency. Guess what happens next ?

- Since they are weak stations, the DX stations, who I want to work, can't hear them either and skip right across me as they tune their VFO knob. But, maybe not, because no one actually tunes the dial any more - they just point and click.

73,
Steve, N2IC