[CQ-Contest] Working Zero Pointers....

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Zero Pointers....
From: Kennan Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 06:26:51 -0500
Lloyd -

Fully agree.   I figure many of those domestic stations are potential
new contesters, or might need DC for an award.  And these days DC is
rarely on the air unless it's a contest weekend, so its their only
chance.

This weekend I even got emails from Europeans after I worked them
during the contest asking if they were in my log correctly, since they
needed the District.   If I had replied NO, they would have tried for
an insurance QSO (they were in the log ...)

I am sure for some other semi-rare states this may happen also in ARRL
DX, since States are multipliers.   It's no different from me entering
WAE to snag a JX, 3A or 1A0.

To prevent the 'floodgates opening' (which has never happened to me
anyway) I'll say something like "I'm just working DX but you're 5-9
DC, OK?" then hit ENTER and move on.  If that costs me 6-8 seconds I
can live with it.

73,

Ken KE3X